Plugins are the method by which the built-in functionality of Vendure can be extended. Plugins in Vendure allow one to:
- Modify the VendureConfig object.
- Extend the GraphQL API, including modifying existing types and adding completely new queries and mutations.
- Define new database entities and interact directly with the database.
- Run code before the server bootstraps, such as starting webservers.
- Respond to events such as new orders being placed.
- Trigger background tasks to run on the worker process.
- … and more!
These abilities make plugins a very versatile and powerful means of implementing custom business requirements.
This section details the official Vendure plugins included in the main Vendure repo, as well as a guide on writing your own plugins for Vendure.