- Node.js v14 or above, with support for even-numbered Node.js versions.
- The supported TypeScript version is set upon installation. Upgrading to a newer version of TypeScript might result in compilation errors.
- If you want to use MySQL, MariaDB, or Postgres as your data store, then you’ll need an instance available locally. However, if you are just testing out Vendure, we recommend using SQLite, which has no external requirements.
- For Windows users: make sure you have windows build tools installed
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools
- This step should be done with administrative rights, and is required because Vendure makes use of some dependencies which must be compiled upon installation.
Installation with @vendure/create
The recommended way to get started with Vendure is by using the @vendure/create tool. This is a command-line tool which will scaffold and configure your new Vendure project and install all dependencies.
npx @vendure/create my-app
npx comes with npm 5.2+ and higher.
npm init @vendure my-app
npm init <initializer> is available in npm 6+
yarn create @vendure my-app
yarn create is available in Yarn 0.25+
For other installation options see the @vendure/create documentation.
“my-app” in the above command would be replaced by whatever you’d like to name your new project. Vendure Create will guide you through the setup. When done, you can run:
cd my-app yarn dev # or npm run dev
Assuming the default config settings, you can now access:
- The Vendure Admin GraphQL API: http://localhost:3000/admin-api
- The Vendure Shop GraphQL API: http://localhost:3000/shop-api
- The Vendure Admin UI: http://localhost:3000/admin
Log in with the superadmin credentials:
- username: superadmin
- password: superadmin