Note: Vendure is currently in alpha and as such, the information and APIs documented here are subject to change.
What is Vendure?
Vendure is a headless e-commerce framework.
- Headless is a term which means that it does not concern itself with rendering the HTML pages of a website. Rather, it exposes a GraphQL API which which can be queried for data (“Give me a list of available products”) or issued with mutation instructions (“Add product ‘123’ to the current order”) by a client application. Thus the client is responsible for how the e-commerce “storefront” looks and how it works. Vendure is responsible for the rest.
- Vendure is a framework in that it supplies core e-commerce functionality, but is open to further extension by the developer.
Who should use Vendure?
Vendure is intended to be used by developers who wish to create a modern e-commerce solution. While we aim for a seamless and simple developer experience, Vendure is not aimed at non-technical users.
What technologies is Vendure built on?
- Vendure is written in TypeScript.
- Node.js is the runtime platform.
- The data layer is handled by TypeORM, which is compatible with most popular relational databases.
- Nest is used as the underlying architecture.
- The API is GraphQL powered by Apollo Server.
- The Admin UI application is built with Angular.