Promotions are a means of offering discounts on an order based on various criteria. A Promotion consists of conditions and actions.
- conditions are the rules which determine whether the Promotion should be applied to the order.
- actions specify exactly how this Promotion should modify the order.
A condition defines the criteria that must be met for the Promotion to be activated. Vendure comes with some simple conditions provided which enable things like:
- If the order total is at least $X
- Buy at least X of a certain product
- But at least X of any product with the specified FacetValues
- If the customer is a member of the specified Customer Group
Vendure allows completely custom conditions to be defined by your developers, implementing the specific logic needed by your business.
A coupon code can be any text which will activate a Promotion. A coupon code can be used in conjunction with conditions if desired.
Note: Promotions must have either a coupon code or at least 1 condition defined.
If all the defined conditions pass (or if the specified coupon code is used), then the actions are performed on the order. Vendure comes with some commonly-used actions which allow promotions like:
- Discount the whole order by a fixed amount
- Discount the whole order by a percentage
- Discount selected products by a percentage
- Free shipping
Coupon code per-customer limit
If a per-customer limit is specified, then the specified coupon code may only be used that many times by a single Customer. For guest checkouts, the “same customer” status is determined by the email address used when checking out.