Note: Draft Orders are available from Vendure v1.8+
Draft Orders are used when an Administrator would like to manually create an order via the Admin UI. For example, this can be useful when:
- A customer phones up to place an order
- A customer wants to place an order in person
- You want to create an order on behalf of a customer, e.g. for a quote.
- When testing Promotions
To create a Draft Order, click the “Create draft order” button from the Order List view.
From there you can:
- Add ProductVariants to the Order using the search input marked “Add item to order”
- Optionally activate coupon codes to trigger Promotions
- Set the customer, shipping and billing addresses
- Select the shipping method
Once ready, click the “Complete draft” button to convert this Order from a Draft into a regular Order. At this stage the order can be paid for, and you can manually record the payment details.
Note: Draft Orders do not appear in a Customer’s order history in the storefront (Shop API) while still in the “Draft” state.