Vendure beta ➡ v1.0
Here is a list of some of the main outstanding tasks that are planned for the v1.0 release, at which point Vendure will come out of beta:
- Complete the Channels implementation
- Back order handling
- Administrator creation & editing of orders
- Custom authentication support
- Improved promotions support
- Improved tax calculation support
- Improved support for running Vendure in cloud environments
- Performance improvements
We currently hope to reach v1.0 in the latter half of 2020. For an up-to-date overview of where we stand, refer to the GitHub milestones page.
Once we hit v1.0, Vendure will continue to follow Semantic Versioning. We’ll aim for a steady cadence of major releases, perhaps every 6 months. Newer, breaking changes will be available via a
next branch and release tag.
Vendure is in this for the long-term. This is not a venture-backed start-up looking for an exit. We plan to grow Vendure into the go-to solution for Node.js e-commerce with a solid, stable core and vibrant community. Post v1.0 we will be introducing a set of commercial plugins covering some more advanced use-cases.